DO YOU WANT US TO HELP YOU TO REDUCE YOUR INTEREST RATES?
Published on May 14, 2015
This week, we've decided to take a small diversion away from Nick’s usual newsletter, to focus on something that is very current, topical and affects all Australians, in one way or another – the Federal Budget!
I’m Mark Candy, and I am MRD's in-house financial adviser. Here at MRD Partners, we are not just about property investing – we are more than that. We are an integrated professional services firm that aims to ‘partner’ with clients, along their wealth creation/protection journey. We want to inform, educate and support our ‘partners’ with quality information that is unbiased and relevant, even when property may not be the main focus.
On Tuesday night 12th May 2015 the Federal Budget was released. This is the Coalition Government’s second budget. As with any budget, there always seems to be some winners and losers, set amongst a backdrop of numerous pages of facts, figures and tables. Tuesday night’s budget was no different.
In summary, the winners were:
- Small business - tax concessions
- Low income families - > child care subsidies
- Farmers - capital expenditure on fencing and water facilities, fully tax deductible
- Superannuation - no significant changes
The losers were:
- Netflix tax - GST on cross-border digital products
- Travellers (working holidays) - taxed as 'non-residents' - no tax free threshold
- Families who don't vaccinate - lose child care subsidies and family benefits
- Parental leave payments - cannot claim both full government and employer provided parental leave payments
We have cut through all the rhetoric and prepared an easy to read and simple to understand budget summary report outlining the key data that you need to know.
TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY >>>CLICK HERE
And remember, along with MRD’s property investing expertise, we also offer finance, financial planning and bookkeeping services, so call us on 1300 883 854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to see how we can help you.
Partnering with you for your investment success,